Название: Myofascial Massage
Издательство: LW & W
Автор: Marian Wolfe Dixon
Количество страниц: 240
Размер: 4 mb
This invaluable resource will help practitioners and students sort out differences and similarities between popular myofascial styles. Early chapters offer a solid review of anatomy and physiology as they relate to myofascial massage. Subsequent chapters focus on specific direct and indirect techniques and adjunctive self-care recommendations for clients, including the neuromuscular approach, hatha yoga and exercise to support myofascial massage, and the craniosacral approach. You'll learn the proper procedure for each myofascial technique and understand how to integrate myofascial massage into your bodywork practice. Whether you're looking to broaden your perspective of massage or find the myofascial approach and technique that best suits you and your client, Myofascial Massage is sure to help.
- Exquisite illustrations enhance learning and understanding by clarifying the techniques.
- Protocol boxes recommend sequences to follow during actual myofascial massage sessions.
- Guidelines provide useful strategies for implementing each myofascial approach and improving body mechanics and communication skills during your client sessions.
- First person experiences will add to your overall understanding of the techniques and their uses.
- Massage implications, included in each anatomy chapter (Chapters 2-4), help you to understand the influence of myofascial anatomy and physiology on practice.
- Questions for discussion and review at the end of each chapter encourage you test your comprehension of the materials and think critically.