Название: Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security
Издательство: Cisсo Prеss
Автор: Catherine Paquet
Количество страниц: 624
Размер: 11 mb
- Authorized Self-Study Guide
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Foundation learning for CCNA Security IINS 640-553 exam
- Catherine Paquet
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) is a Cisco-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCNA® Security foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to secure Cisco® routers and switches and their associated networks. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to troubleshoot and monitor network devices to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices, as well as the technologies that Cisco uses in its security infrastructure.
This book focuses on the necessity of a comprehensive security policy and how it affects the posture of the network. You will learn how to perform basic tasks to secure a small branch type office network using Cisco IOS® security features available through the Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) web-based graphical user interface (GUI) and through the command-line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches. The author also provides, when appropriate, parallels with Cisco ASA appliances.
Whether you are preparing for CCNA Security certification or simply want to gain a better understanding of Cisco IOS security fundamentals, you will benefit from the information provided in this book.
Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS) is part of a recommended learning path from Cisco that includes simulation and hands-on training from authorized Cisco Learning Partners and self-study products from Cisco Press. To find out more about instructor-led training, e-learning, and hands-on instruction offered by authorized Cisco Learning Partners worldwide, please visit www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
Catherine Paquet is a practitioner in the field of internetworking, network security and security financials. Catherine has in-depth knowledge of security systems, remote access, and routing technology. She is CCSP®, CCNP®, and CompTIA Security+ certified. She is also a certified Cisco instructor with the largest training partner of Cisco. Catherine, who has her M.B.A. from York University, is the director of her consulting company, Netrisec, Inc., specializing in making the business case for network security. In 2002 and 2003, Catherine volunteered with the UN mission in Kabul, Afghanistan, to train Afghan public servants in the area of networking.
- Develop a comprehensive network security policy to counter threats against information security
- Configure routers on the network perimeter with Cisco IOS Software security features
- Configure firewall features including ACLs and Cisco IOS zone-based policy firewalls to perform basic security operations on a network
- Configure site-to-site VPNs using Cisco IOS features
- Configure IPS on Cisco network routers
- Configure LAN devices to control access, resist attacks, shield other network devices and systems, and protect the integrity and confidentiality of network traffic
This volume is in the Certification Self-Study Series offered by Cisco Press®. Books in this series provide officially developed self-study solutions to help networking professionals understand technology implementations and prepare for the Cisco Career Certifications examinations.
- Category: Cisco Certification
- Covers: IINS exam 640-553