Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.
Автор: Bill Foust
Название: BlackBerry Java Application Development: Beginner's Guide
Издательство: Packt Publishing
Для сайта: eKnigi.org
Build and deploy powerful, useful, and professional Java mobile applications for BlackBerry smartphones, the fast and easy way.
* Develop professional, rich, and smart Java applications using BlackBerry SDK
* Discover the powerful components provided by the SDK to build a powerful user interface with a common look and feel
* Explore the complex, but important, topic of network communications
* Integrate with the standard applications on all BlackBerry Smartphone to make your application even more useful
* Packed with hands-on examples and clear explanations for better understanding
BlackBerry Smartphone was once the domain of jet-setting business users with power suits. Now you can hardly go anywhere without seeing someone using a BlackBerry to check their messages or make a call. It's this kind of explosive growth that makes the BlackBerry ecosystem a great place to develop and market applications through the BlackBerry App World store-this book shows you how to do just that!
This step-by-step guide gives you a hands-on experience of developing innovative Java applications for your BlackBerry. With the help of this book, you will learn to build your own applications to illustrate the platform, and the various capabilities that developers can use in their programs. It explores the powers of Blackberry and helps you develop professional and impressive Java applications.
The book teaches how to write rich, interactive, and smart BlackBerry applications in Java. It expects the readers to know Java but not Java Mobile or the BlackBerry APIs. We will learn to build rich, interactive, and smart Java applications for the BlackBerry. The book will cover UI programming, data storage, programming network, and internet API apps. As we move on, we will learn more about the BlackBerry's device features, such as messaging, GPS, multimedia, contacts and calendar, and so on. This book also helps you build your own applications to illustrate the platform, and the various capabilities that developers can use in their programs.
This step-by-step guide to building rich, interactive, and smart Java applications helps you get the most out of BlackBerry smartphones.
What you will learn from this book
* Learn about the two approaches to develop BlackBerry applications
* Understand how the SDK version relates to target devices and learn about the BlackBerry Developer Zone
* Install the Java SDK, which is the foundation using the development environment
* Install Eclipse with the BlackBerry Component Package and configure it with other Component Package versions
* Import the existing HelloWorldDemo supplied with the software and compile and debug the application
* Study PIM, create new PIM Items, and assign values to their fields
* Set up a Screen with fields and create and use menus
* Learn the usage of the Field styles and classes to the fullest
* Study about a Layout Manager and create custom Dialogs on the fly to collect discrete pieces of information
* Get to know the pros and cons for each record-based approach and pick the one that best meets your needs
* Create new Personal Information Management (PIM) items and assign values to their fields
* Understand the basics of HTTP and the correct usage of GET or POST
* Learn the working of Global Position System and the three methods by which a BlackBerry handheld can get location information
Written with a fast-paced but friendly and engaging approach, this Packt Beginner's Guide is designed to be placed alongside the computer as your guide and mentor. Step-by-step tutorials are boosted by explanations of the reasoning behind what you are doing. You will quickly pick up the necessary skills, tips, and tricks for building BlackBerry applications with Java with practical.
Who this book is written for
If you are a Java programmer who wants to build BlackBerry applications with Java, this book is for you.