Автор: Sal Mangano
Название: Mathematica Cookbook
Издательство: O'Reilly Media
Размер: 20,8 МБ
Mathematica Cookbook helps you master the application’s core principles by walking you through real-world problems. Ideal for browsing, this book includes recipes for working with numerics, data structures, algebraic equations, calculus, and statistics. You’ll also venture into exotic territory with recipes for data visualization using 2D and 3D graphic tools, image processing, and music.
Although Mathematica 7 is a highly advanced computational platform, the recipes in this book make it accessible to everyone — whether you’re working on high school algebra, simple graphs, PhD-level computation, financial analysis, or advanced engineering models.
* Learn how to use Mathematica at a higher level with functional programming and pattern matching
* Delve into the rich library of functions for string and structured text manipulation
* Learn how to apply the tools to physics and engineering problems
* Draw on Mathematica’s access to physics, chemistry, and biology data
* Get techniques for solving equations in computational finance
* Learn how to use Mathematica for sophisticated image processing
* Process music and audio as musical notes, analog waveforms, or digital sound samples
Sal Mangano has been developing software for over 12 years and has worked on many mission-critical applications, especially in the area of financial-trading applications. Unlike many XML/XSLT developers, he did not approach the technology from the standpoint of the Internet and Web development but rather from the broader need for a general-purpose, data-transformation framework. This experience has given him a unique perspective that has influenced many of the recipes in his book, the XSLT Cookbook. Sal has a Master’s degree in Computer Science from Polytechnic University.