Название: Pro SQL Server 2008 Replication
Pro SQL Server 2008 Replication is for MS database developers and administrators who want to learn about the different types of replication and those best suited to SQL Server 2008. This book will also cover advanced topics like replication with heterogeneous databases, backup and recovery of replicated databases, database mirroring with replication, log shipping with replication, troubleshooting, plus optimization and tuning. Tools like tablediff, SQLCMD, DTA, SQL Profiler, and Replication Monitor will be discussed to demonstrate the different techniques used in monitoring, administering, and troubleshooting replication.
* Examines the detailed configuration and the internal workings of the different replication types using real–life scenarios
* Covers replication with database mirroring and troubleshooting
* Discusses replication administration using different tools
What you’ll learn
* Configure hierarchical replication: snapshot, transactional and merge, and heterogeneous replication using real–life scenarios.
* Gain insight into the internal workings of the different replication types.
* Master the usage of different tools like tablediff, SQLCMD, DTA, and Replication Monitor in administering replication.
* Perform administration tasks such as backup and recovery, and manage replication with other high–availability techniques like database mirroring and log shipping.
* Conduct optimization and tuning of replicated databases.
* Develop troubleshooting techniques.
Who is this book for?
This book is a comprehensive guide for experienced users of SQL Server as well as new users. It also aims at familiarizing the current users of SQL Server 2005 with the new features of replication should they upgrade to SQL Server 2008. This book will delve into the basics of replication like the publisher–subscriber model, the different replication types (such as snapshot, transactional, merge, and heterogeneous), the corresponding architecture, implementation, and administration. Database administration tasks like backup and recovery, managing replication with high–availability techniques like database mirroring, log shipping with replication, optimization of replicated databases, and troubleshooting techniques will also be discussed. This book will benefit primarily novice and intermediate users by introducing replication and the different processes and then building on the basics to develop and address the advanced features of replication. This is a must–have companion book that will help you in developing, administering and mastering the intricacies of replication.