Автор: C.A. Callahan
Название: Mastering Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Размер: 15,5 Mb
Master This Powerful Collaboration Tool for Windows Server Networks
Windows SharePoint Services (WSS) 3.0 is the latest version of the collaboration tool found in Windows Server 2003 R2—a feature-rich product that can be deployed to help you manage and improve information-sharing across your company's network. WSS 3.0 is also the underlying technology of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007.
Now with this comprehensive book as your point-by-point guide, you'll go under the hood of WSS 3.0 and discover how to make it easy to share documents, track tasks, create common workspaces where teams can work collectively, set up surveys and discussion groups, and more.
The book provides step-by-step coverage of what system administrators need to know, including essential techniques for site creation, administration, customization, security, and disaster recovery—plus pages of detailed, real-world examples. You'll also find practical steps for migrating from version 2.0 to 3.0.
* Understanding the basics of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
* Adding, moving, removing, and customizing web parts
* Creating pre-built and new custom lists
* Setting up libraries for documents, pictures, forms, and wikis
* Checking documents in and out—and managing checked files
* Using global breadcrumbs to get back to where you started
* Managing security and permissions
* Backing up and restoring SQL databases, lists, libraries, and more
* Migrating from SharePoint Services 2.0 to 3.0
* Create Information-Sharing Solutions across People and Documents
* Set up and Use WSS 3.0 Basic, Stand-alone Server, or Server Farm
* Perform Administrative Tasks with STSADM.EXE
* Add, Extend, or Remove Virtual Web Servers
* Manage Security and Permissions