Название: Selenium Testing Tools Cookbook
Автор: Unmesh Gundecha
Издательство: Packt Publishing
Формат: PDF, EPUB
Размер: 6,89 Мб
Web technologies are becoming increasingly complex and there is a need to test your web applications against a vast number of browsers and platforms, so you need to build highly reliable and maintainable test automation. This book will help you test your web applications effectively and efficiently with Selenium WebDriver.
"Selenium Testing Tools Cookbook" is an incremental guide that will help you learn and use advanced features of Selenium WebDriver API in various situations for building reliable test automation. You will learn how to effectively use features of Selenium using simple and detailed examples. This book will also teach you best practices, design patterns, and how to extend Selenium.
The book starts with tips on advanced location strategy and effective use of Selenium WebDriver API. Then it demonstrates the use of design patterns such as Data Driven Tests and PageFactory for building maintainable test automation.It also explains extending Selenium WebDriver API along with implementing custom tasks and setting up your own distributed environment to run tests in parallel
What you will learn from this book :
• Understand Locators and use various locator methods to build reliable tests
• Build reliable and maintainable tests with Selenium WebDriver API
• Use PageFactory Pattern to build a robust and easy- to-maintain test framework
• Build data driven tests and extend Selenium API to implement custom steps and checks
• Learn to integrate and use ATDD/BDD tools such as JBehave, SpecFlow, and FitNesses with Selenium WebDriver
• Set up iPhone/iPad & Android simulators and devices for testing your mobile web application