Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.
Название: Teaching Secondary Science: Constructing Meaning and Developing Understanding
Автор: Keith Ross, Liz Lakin, Janet McKechnie
Количество страниц: 272
Размер: 8 mb
Now fully updated in its third edition Teaching Secondary Science is a comprehensive guide to all aspects of science teaching, providing a wealth of information and ideas about different approaches. With guidance on how children understand scientific ideas and the implications this has on teaching, teachers are encouraged to construct their own meanings and become reflective in their practice. Relating science to government agendas, such as the National Strategies, Assessment for Learning and Every Child Matters, this new edition reflects and maps to changes in national standards.
Key features include:
- illustrative examples for use in the classroom
- theoretical grounding linked to practical application
- the pros and cons of different approaches
- M Level support materials
- additional section on earth, atmosphere and space
- advice on teaching ‘difficult ideas’
- education for sustainable development
- managing the science classroom and health and safety
- support for talk for learning, and advice on numeracy in science.
Presenting an environmentally sustainable, global approach to science teaching, this book emphasises the need to build on and challenge children’s existing ideas so they better understand the world in which they live. Essential reading for all students and practising teachers, this invaluable book will support those undertaking secondary science PGCEs and provides material suitable for those studying at M Level.