Название: International Cuisine
Размер: 24,6 Мб
Increasing world travel, changing demographics, multinational business, and greater diversity at home have whetted our appetites for international flavors—whether in national dishes or creative culinary fusions. Anyone entering the foodservice industry today must be prepared to meet this growing demand. Taste truly has gone global.
With its comprehensive approach, International Cuisine explores countries and regions, cultures, and ingredients, and describes the crucial role they play in different world cuisines. This comprehensive and engaging resource gives readers an introductory knowledge of food cultures from five continents, as well as the Caribbean and British Isles.
International Cuisine features:
* A total of 415 authentic recipes, representing all countries and regions discussed
* Recipes formulated for current practices and available ingredients, including
* step-by-step instructions
* Beautiful color photographs illustrating finished dishes
* An emphasis on sustainability and how locally grown foods enhance cuisines
* Coverage of history, geography, and people alongside recipes and cooking techniques
* Detailed ingredients lists and culinary glossaries for each country or region discussed
Clearly presented and enjoyable to read, International Cuisine provides students, teachers, and professionals in foodservice a window to a wide variety of the worlds cuisines.