Название: Elizabethan Cross Stitch
Год выпуска: 2004
Автор: Barbara Hammet
Издательство: David & Charles Publishers
Размер: 44 Мб
Качество: отсканированные страницы
Количество страниц: 97
Описание: Книга по вышивке крестиком.
Readers will learn to re-create the unmistakable style of 16th and 17th century needlework with this collection of Elizabethan-inspired cross stitch designs.
Talented cross-stitch designer Barbara Hammet has carefully researched and re-worked the look of the embroidery of the period to offer:
* 25 traditionally inspired designs skillfully brought up-to-date for today's stitcher
* Metallics, beads and other decorative techniques incorporated into several projects
* A 10-page motif library that provides additional inspiration
* Easy-to-follow color symbol charts for each design
* The historical inspiration behind each piece of work
Designs feature the elaborate depiction of flowers, plants and animals, and the intricate scroll- and latticework favored at the time. Much inspiration has been derived from the textiles, clothes and accessories of the day, while further decorative touches such as pearl beads and blackwork add hints of authenticity.