Название:Working with Numbers and Statistics: A Handbook for Journalists (Lea's Communication Series) (Routledge Communication Series)
Автор:Charles Livingston, Paul S. Voakes
Размер: 4.47 MB
Working With Numbers and Statistics: A Handbook for Journalists is designed to bolster the journalists' math skills and in turn improve math confidence. Authors Charles Livingston and Paul Voakes developed this resource book with the goal of improving journalistic writing and reporting, by enabling journalists to:
* make accurate, reliable computations, which in turn enables one to make relevant comparisons, put facts into perspective, and lend important context to stories;
* recognize inaccurate presentations, whether willfully spun or just carelessly relayed;
* ask appropriate questions about numerical matters;
* translate complicated numbers for viewers and readers in ways they can readily understand;
* understand computer-assisted reporting; and
* write livelier, more precise pieces through the use of numbers.
This resource book starts with math basics, including descriptive statistics--the mathematical procedures people use to summarize vast amounts of data. The text then covers inferential statistics--the procedures people use to draw conclusions from the initial statistical findings. At the end of every section, the math is presented in a more journalistic context so journalists can see how the procedures are more likely to come into play in their work.
Working With Numbers and Statistics is designed as a reference work for journalism students developing their writing and reporting skills, and will also serve professionals well to improve their understanding and use of numbers in news stories.
Естественные науки → Working with Numbers and Statistics: A Handbook for Journalists (Lea's Communication Series) (Routledge Communication Series)
Посетители, находящиеся в группе Гости, не могут оставлять комментарии к данной публикации.