Название: Bluetooth operation and use
Издательство: McGrаw-Hill Prоfessional
Автор: Robert Morrow
Количество страниц: 567
Размер: 118 mb
Bringing low-cost, low-power wireless connectivity to data-driven devices, Bluetooth is revolutionizing human/technology interaction. Revenue generated by Bluetooth devices was $2 billion in 2001. Bluetooth revenue will skyrocket to $333 billion per year by 2006, according to international marketing, consulting, and training firm Frost & Sullivan.
If you’re the one who puts the bite into Bluetooth, this meaty guide is for you. In these pages, master Bluetooth instructor Dr. Robert Morrow lays out precise guidance on making Bluetooth work in today’s and next-generation applications.
THE INSIDE TRACK FOR WIRELESS PROFESSIONALS
Packed with priceless experience, Bluetooth Implementation and Use cuts the time it takes you to
* Implement “wireless cable” for phones, other handhelds, and portables
* Build futuristic Bluetooth apps—for refrigerators that update PDA shopping lists, PDAs that survey local stores for the best prices, and as many others as you can dream up
* Examine operational characteristics in detail
* Solve security issues
* Get technical insights on Bluetooth’s coexistence with other wireless devices
* Find the facts you want on packet structure, paging, host interfacing, and designing and testing the Bluetooth module
* Probe the math behind the specifications for further research
THE HANDS ON GUIDE TO BLUETOOTH
Anyone tackling a job involving Bluetooth needs this in-depth guide. It goes beyond introducing the technology and prepares you for hands-on involvement with uses today and applications to come.